What’s your ideal job?
- I work well with plenty of freedom. I like to be given a basic overview of what we’re trying to achieve and why. Beyond that, my ideal job would include working with a team who I can learn from and allow me to put my creativity to good use. Job security and finances are important, but I value job fulfillment the most.
Why are you looking for a job? Why are you leaving your current position?
- Though I happy at my current employer, I’m always open to discussing future opportunities or just networking with others.
What unique experience or qualifications separate you from other candidates?
- The biggest attribute I can bring to a team is adaptability. Instead of being a heads-down coder, I also like to keep involved in the operations and administrative side. I was “DevOps” before it was cool! ;)
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- I’m strongest in problem-solving and creativity. I’m probably weakest with managing others, mainly due to lack of experience in it.
What are some of your most important career accomplishments?
- Check out my StackOverflow Profile for more details.
What would your former boss/colleagues say about you?
- They’d probably comment on my problem-solving, communication skills, and my overall positive impact on the team. I’m well-liked, do good work, and have a good sense of humor.
What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
- I’m motivated most by the opportunity to improve upon my skills and learn new things. If I get the opportunity to show off my stuff, even better. I know I won’t always get to work on fun or exciting projects, but I can usually find ways to keep myself engaged.
How do you motivate others?
- I motivate others mostly through a bit of friendly competition and also a bit just through leading-by-example.
Why did you choose this career field?
- I’ve enjoyed computers since a very early age and haven’t considered any other field since. It’s always just been a very good fit for me.
If you were looking for a job, what type of position would you look for?
- I would probably look for a position that allows me to better develop my skills. I’m not sure if this would be within an actual software shop, a start-up, or just a mid-sized company. As long as there are good people there to learn from, I’m sure I’d be happy.
Do you do any web or mobile development?
- I really don’t have much experience with either. I’ve always tended to focus on Windows applications and database development. If a position needed web or development, there would probably be a bit of a learning-curve for me, but I don’t think it would be too bad.
Any preferences when it comes to work environment?
- I can’t live without two monitors. Three monitors would be ideal. Also, similar to a baseball player’s “lucky mitt”, I’ve become so accustomed to using my Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman mouse over the years that I tend to bring one with me wherever I work.
Are you willing to relocate?
- Not at this time.